Back to CouncilView
CommunityView apps debut on Android
This month, two councils launched their CommunityView apps on Google Play, the most popular Android marketplace with the assitance of Datalink and CommunityView.
The MyBrimbank and Hursville free for the public apps were developed for a range of Android powered smartphones and tablets using CommunityView 2.1.
These apps assist the councils to better engage their communities among the growing Android user base.
View of report issue feature in Hurstville app for Android from Google Play
View of local parks in MyBrimbank app for Android from Google Play
The apps have very similar functionality to those released for iOS and include:
- Latest news, syndicated from their websites,
- Latest events, syndicated from their websites,
- Browsing attractions, facilities and services including parks, council services, car parking and local attractions,
- A customised My Local Services facility that tells residents bin collection times, closest council facilities and their councillors and wards,
- A report an issue function, allowing to submit issues to council for action.